This is purely for Alan to test out how to make corrections
NOTE This is using WordPress editor NOT Elementor….
There’s lots happening every month at Beaumaris Probus
Beaumaris Probus meets on 3rd Tuesday each month at the Beaumaris Sports Club, Oak Street Beaumaris
We are an active and friendly club now 30 years old, with some 120 members. We are a men’s club, but apart from the monthly meeting, wives, partners and friends are an integral part of our social events.
Our members come from a great variety of backgrounds – professional, business and technical – and our wide-ranging activities mean there is something of interest for all. Nothing is compulsory and you’ll find we are non political, non sectarian and non fund-raising. We meet to expand our interests and to enjoy the company of others.
A typical month at Beaumaris Probus
The monthly meeting
Every 3rd Thursday, Beaumaris Probus meets at the Beaumaris Sports Club. There is a large car park in Banksia Reserve and it is a short walk over the grass to the Club. Alternatively you could park in Tramway Parade or Cromb Street. At present there are no time restrictions. The main entrance is in Cromb Street. Our meeting starts at 10.00 and finishes at 12.00. We encourage members to stay for lunch after the meeting.
Each month we have a guest speaker. We try hard to source excellent speakers and they cover almost every subject imaginable. Also, each month, one of our members shares an experience, interest or story in a 10 minute talk. The diverse range of expertise and skills that exist within our group of members is very impressive. The ten minute talk enables us to know one another better.
The monthly meeting is a time and place to meet old and new friends, to listen to our speakers, learn something new and also have a few laughs.
Many opportunities to get involved
Every month there are plenty of things happening. Obviously, the more a member participates in these activities, the more they get out of their membership, but the level of participation is entirely the member’s choice.
Here are just some of the things going on!
- Major club dinners and luncheons
- Regular restaurant nights out – we call it Tastes
- Day trips, extended or overseas excursions to just about everywhere
- Visits to Art Galleries and Exhibitions
- Annual Golf and Croquet Championships
- Digital Technology awareness sessions that help build our knowledge
- Cycling – regular rides and monthly trips
- Opera and Music evenings at a member’s home
- Single Malt Whisky appreciation group
- Global Issues Forums – Presentations on current topics of international signicance
- Wine Appreciation group
- Discussion groups – that meet monthly and solve all the world’s problems!
If you’re interested in joining a Probus Club, there is none better than Beaumaris Probus! There is something for everyone.
As a first step, come along as a guest to one of our monthly meetings or events? Just give either our Secretary or Membership Officer a call:
Secretary: John Smyth. Phone 9885 3084 email: John42smyth@gmail.com
Membership Officer: Peter Flude . Phone 9585-5550 or 0405-127-271 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or complete the contact form on the Menu bar or (click here)
What’s in this website?
We hope you find this website both useful and interesting. The site is intended to be used both by members and their wives or partners as well as potential new members.
We appreciate hearing your ideas and input via the Contact Form or personally to Geoff Bransbury email: email@example.com
Please note: We have included a MEMBERS PASSWORD PROTECTED section for private information (EG the Members Register)
If you forget the password to the Members’ Section, call a committee member or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The menus at the top of the page will walk you through the site but here is a quick summary:
In this website you will find:
- Information about all our interest groups and our functions, visits and social events – We have added photos and other pieces of information that we feel might interest you. For example, in the Music and Opera page you can access a YouTube video selected by Barry Amond. In the 10 minute speaker section (Speakers page on the menu) you can view Ralph Butcher’s memorable 10-minute talk called Ralph’s War
- Information on our guest speakers and the 80 or so DVDs that Paul Crompton has produced and are available to borrow. In addition, you will be able to view future speakers on this website via YouTube (these are in the password protected members area)
- Copies of all our newsletters since 2008 plus of course the latest newsletter
- The Members’ Register PDF that is emailed to members is available to be viewed in the Members’ Section. You will need to remember the password!
- Names of Committee and Interest Group Leaders and Office Bearers
- Links to internet sites you might find interesting; for example, the Probus Travel Insurance page.
- Our history has been written in a substantial book covering our first 15 years (1987-2002) and this can be viewed in the Members’ Section
What’s in the Members section
The Members section is password protected. The Members area contains useful information such as:
- Committee Members, Office Bearers, Interest Group Coordinators
- Member Register
- Newsletter archives. All newsletters since 2008
- Speaker videos to view (only some of those since June 2016)
- Welcome – meet our recently joined members
- Club history 1987-2002
- Foundation members
We will endeavour to maintain our website current and we sincerely hope you find it useful.
Removal of a photo
We have included many photos of our members and friends taken at events and functions over many years. These photos show the range of activities in our club and hopefully they bring back many good memories.
We endeavour to be sensitive in the selection of photos we use ; however, should you wish us to remove a photo, please simply complete the contact form on the main menu. Please identify the offending photo and where it is to be found on the site. We will remove the photo as soon as possible.
Our Webmaster – Geoff Bransbury
If you have any suggestions or comments on our website contact geoff on email@example.com
The Website is created using WordPress and is powered by VentraIP