The Probus Club of Beaumaris Inc.
There’s lots happening every month at Beaumaris Probus
We are an active and friendly club now 29 years old, with some 120 members. We are a men’s club, but apart from the monthly meeting, wives, partners and friends are an integral part of our social events.
Our members come from a great variety of backgrounds – professional, business and technical – and our wide-ranging activities mean there is something of interest for all. Nothing is compulsory and you’ll find we are non political, non sectarian and non fund-raising. We meet to expand our interests and to enjoy the company of others.
A typical month at Beaumaris Probus
The monthly meeting
We meet on the third Tuesday each month at the Sandringham Club, 92 Beach Road, Sandringham. Our meeting starts at 10.00 and finishes at 12.00. We encourage members to stay for lunch after the meeting. Our Investment Group meets before the main meeting at 8.30 am.
Each month we have a guest speaker. We try hard to source excellent speakers and they cover almost every subject imaginable. Also, each month, one of our members shares an experience, interest or story in a 10 minute talk. The diverse range of expertise and skills that exist within our group of members is very impressive. The ten minute talk enables us to know one another better.
The monthly meeting is a time and place to meet old and new friends, to listen to our speakers, learn something new and also have a few laughs.
Many opportunities to get involved
Every month there are plenty of things happening. Obviously, the more a member participates in these activities, the more they get out of their membership, but the level of participation is entirely the member’s choice.
Here are just some of the things going on!
- Major club dinners and luncheons
- Regular restaurant nights out – we call it Tastes
- Day trips, extended or overseas excursions to just about everywhere
- Visits to Art Galleries and Exhibitions
- Annual Golf and Croquet Championships
- Digital Technology awareness sessions that help build our knowledge
- Cycling – regular rides and monthly trips
- Opera and Music evenings at a member’s home
- Single Malt Whisky appreciation group
- Investment discussions monthly
- Wine Appreciation group
- Discussion groups – that meet monthly and solve all the world’s problems!
If you’re interested in joining a Probus Club, there is none better than Beaumaris Probus! There is something for everyone.
As a first step, come along as a guest to one of our monthly meetings or events?
Just give Alan Stevens, Club Secretary, a call on 0418-336-354 or complete the contact form on the Menu bar or (click here)
Forgotten the password to the protected items in the Members’ Section?
If so, call a committee member or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s in this website?
We hope you find this website both useful and interesting. The site is intended to be used both by members and their wives or partners as well as potential new members.
The website will evolve over time and we look forward to adding new functions and facilities. We appreciate hearing your ideas and input via the Contact Form or personally to Geoff Bransbury email: email@example.com
Please note: If the information is deemed private then we have added password protection.
The menus at the top of the page will walk you through the site but here is a quick summary:
In this website you will find:
- Information about all our interest groups and our functions, visits and social events – We have added photos and other pieces of information that we feel might interest you. For example, in the Music and Opera page you can access a YouTube video selected by Barry Amond. In the 10 minute speaker section (Speakers page on the menu) you can view Ralph Butcher’s memorable 10-minute talk called Ralph’s War
- Information on our guest speakers and the 80 or so DVDs that Paul Crompton has produced and are available to borrow. In addition, you will be able to view future speakers on this website via YouTube (these are in the password protected members area)
- Copies of all our newsletters since 2008 plus of course the latest newsletter
- The Members’ Register PDF that is emailed to members is available to be viewed in the Members’ Section. You will need to remember the password!
- Names of Committee and Interest Group Leaders and Office Bearers
- Links to internet sites you might find interesting; for example, the Probus Travel Insurance page.
- Our history has been written in a substantial book covering our first 15 years (1987-2002) and this can be viewed in the Members’ Section
What’s in the Members section
The Members section is password protected. The Members area contains useful information such as:
- Committee Members, Office Bearers, Interest Group Coordinators
- Members’ Register and information about some of our newer members
- Newsletter archives. All newsletters since 2008
- Speaker videos to view (only some of those since June 2016)
- Welcome – meet our recently joined members
- Club history 1987-2002
- Foundation members
We will endeavour to maintain our website current and we sincerely hope you find it useful.
Removal of a photo
We have included many photos of our members and friends taken at events and functions over many years. These photos show the range of activities in our club and hopefully they bring back many good memories.
We endeavour to be sensitive in the selection of photos we use ; however, should you wish us to remove a photo, please simply complete the contact form on the main menu. Please identify the offending photo and where it is to be found on the site. We will remove the photo as soon as possible.
The website Committee includes:
Geoff Bransbury. Geoff Wade, Peter McGregor and Alan Stevens
Technical assistance in Web Design has been supplied by Alison Davies.
We are sincerely grateful to Alison for her cheerful assistance and patience!
The Website is created using WordPress and is powered by VentureIP